Survey participant charter
About the charter
This charter explains how we will work with you if you, your household, business or other organisation are approached by the Queensland Government Statistician’s Office (QGSO) to participate in one of our surveys. The charter also outlines where you can find information about our surveys and how you can provide feedback in relation to any contact you have with us.
QGSO, located in Queensland Treasury, is Queensland Government’s lead statistical agency, and we provide statistical and demographic research services for government. Through providing accurate and timely statistical data we support better decision making to advance Queensland.
We have legislative authority under the Statistical Returns Act 1896 to collect and publish statistics and maintain high quality sampling frames for conducting official surveys.
QGSO conducts official surveys of Queensland people, households, businesses and other organisations on behalf of Queensland Government agencies. Our surveys produce accurate and timely statistical information for Queensland Government and its agencies to make decisions and to plan, evaluate and improve policies and services.
Our Statistical Collection, Integration and Analysis (SCIA) group within QGSO is responsible for conducting surveys, and operates an ISO–certified quality management system which complies with the requirements of ISO 9001:2008 for survey and research services.
We greatly value your participation in our official surveys.
Our commitment to you, the survey participant
- designing our surveys to take as little of your time as possible
- fully testing our survey questions before running a survey
- collecting information from you that we need for the specified survey only
- keeping our contact with you to a minimum
- arranging times convenient to you for telephone interviews
- designing user-friendly online surveys which can be completed on a range of devices
- notifying you in advance if you will need to prepare anything before answering a survey.
We treat you with respect and courtesy by:
- wherever possible, notifying you in advance of the survey that you are being asked to participate in
- introducing and identifying ourselves when we contact you
- ensuring our staff are well trained and able to respond to any queries you may have about the survey
- informing you how and why you have been selected to participate in the survey
- explaining the purpose of the survey and how your information will be used.
We respect your privacy by:
- keeping your information secure and confidential — we protect it according to high level security procedures and our legislative framework, including the Statistical Returns Act, the Information Privacy Act 2009 and the Queensland Government Code of Conduct
- ensuring our staff and clients are aware of their obligations in protecting your confidential information
- using the information you provide for statistical purposes only, and not publishing anything that would identify you, your household, your business or your organisation without your consent.
We communicate with you by:
- notifying you in advance of our official surveys, wherever possible, by appropriate means available
- providing information about our surveys and survey methods on our website
- providing a toll-free* number for you to call us to enquire about our surveys
- responding promptly and fairly to any issues or queries you may have.
Our contact details
We value the contribution of our survey participants and continually look for opportunities to improve our relationship with you, and so we welcome your feedback and suggestions on your contact with us. You can also contact us to find out more about current statistical surveys being conducted by QGSO.
You can contact us at:
Queensland Government Statistician's Office
PO Box 15037, CITY EAST QLD 4002
Telephone: +61 7 3035 6421 or Toll-free* 1800 068 587
*Note: Calls to the toll-free number from a mobile phone may incur charges
Alternatively, you can lodge feedback about your contact with us via the Queensland Government website Complaints and compliments form.
Survey participant charter
|Survey participant charter||(199 kB)|
Last reviewed 27 October 2016