Diversity Figures, 2011
The Department of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and Multicultural Affairs (DATSIMA), in partnership with Queensland Government Statistician's Office, has produced a report and accompanying two-page 'snapshot' that provides a statistical summary of the diversity of Queensland's population. Diversity Figures brings together core demographic and diversity data from the ABS 2011 Census of Population and Housing and data on migration patterns, including humanitarian arrivals, from the Commonwealth Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP).
There are a number of social and cultural characteristics featured in the Diversity Figures including:
- the country of birth of overseas-born people in Queensland
- the ancestry of Queensland’s population
- the religious affiliation of Queensland’s population
- language spoken other than English
- migration patterns (permanent and temporary)
- the demographic distribution of Queensland’s diverse population.
The publication can be viewed on the DATSIMA website.
For further information about this page please use the Request a Statistic form or phone (07) 3035 6418.
Last reviewed 2 July 2014